The Melbourne TechnologyOne User Group held a meeting on Thursday 21st March at the Melbourne office of Walter + Eliza Hall Institute in Parkville. It was a great meeting with plenty of news, information and networking occurring in a positive, productive setting. Notes from the meeting are available in the User Group Forum including key points from Jared Evans’s (TechnologyOne Financials Product Owner) on the progress of the Ci Browser version.
Please put me down for 2 attendees.Thanks Paul Coulson Manager Finance, Police Credit
Matt Vella Latrobe Community Health Service
Steve Irwin Frankston City Council
Confirming the following will be attending from Stonnington:
Anthony Cowan – Systems Accountant
Jaime Loh – Financial Accountant
Sorry can you cancel my request to attend as I’ve just been informed of a board meeting I have to be present at that clashes with the user group meeting. Noel Jacobs Group Finance Manager, Heart Foundation of Australia
It would be my pleasure (along with Michael Lapolla) to attend …. Looking forward to it. Mark Brett Victoria University
Dean Alex (Epworth Healthcare’s Group Finance Manager) and myself would like to attend the next Finance One Melbourne User Group Meeting. Thanks, Robert McKay Group Senior Business Analyst
I will be there no items for the agenda. Melissa Sudero, Finance System Administrator, City of Boroondara – Financial Services (Became an apology 19/03)
Kevin Bone – YMCA Victoria
Anthea Lyons, Manager Finance, Hepburn Shire Council
Jen Warnes (Finance Manager, Baw Baw Shire Council) and I (Wendy Cook, Management Accountant) would like to attend the User Group meeting.
I will me attending user group meeting on 21 Mar, Mira Zukan, Systems Accountant, EPA Victoria
Damian Hogan (Senior Management Accountant), Andrew Nicolau (Senior Financial Accountant),Loong Kok (System Accountant) from Moonee Valley City Council
Dean Downing and Pey Lin Mak will be attending the User Group meeting on behalf of Energy Safe Victoria.
Alice Deane-Freeman and Bridget Geers from City of Kingston
Aileen Morrison | Systems Accountant| Cardinia Shire Council
Jenni Ashkar Finance Manager RFDS Victoria
Heather Pritchard GM Corporate Services RFDS Victoria
Michael Dunphy Karingal will be attending
Sharon Spiteri Accountant – Finance Systems Analyst Finance Department Victoria Teachers Mutual Bank
Greg Bowers (CFO), Lele Zheng (Financial accountant) and Branko Turk (IT systems consultant) Trust for Nature
There will be 2 coming from Warrnambool. D Harrington and one other
Kathy Constable, Systems Development Manager, Bradley Thomas (tentative), Senior Management Accountant
Shane Bloomer, Anton Komljenovic, and possibly Marisol Gormaz, from Housing Choices Australia would like to attend.
Lisa Kemp (Accounts Payable Officer), Kathie Attwood ( Financial Accountant ) Hepburn Shire Council
Graeme Dunstan, Urban Maintenance Systems
Lisa Neocleous, Management Accountant, Latrobe City Council
Penny Hamlett, National Heart Foundation
Malcolm Williamson, Walter + Eliza Hall Institute
Jamie Scott, The Salvation Army
Michael Caton, City of Wodonga (became an apology 20.03)
Alan Cox, Casey City Council
Angelo Luczek, Manager Information Services, Mitchell Shire Council
Belinda Napoli, Reporting Analyst, NEAMI
Bob Palin and Suzanne Harrold, Centre for Eye Research Australia
Malcolm Pescod, Reliance Petroleum
I’m happy to announce that Jared Evans Product Owner for TechnologyOne Financials is attending our User Group Meeting next week and will be providing an update and demonstration of Technology One Ci2 Financials to the group
We have a temporary vacancy requiring Tech One experience and are seeking to identify any interested parties.
The Productivity Commission is the Australian Government’s independent research and advisory body on a range of economic, social and environmental issues affecting the welfare of Australians. Its role, expressed simply, is to help governments make better policies in the long term interest of the Australian community.
Finance/Purchasing Officer, Melbourne
Staff Level 1 (APS Level 4) Remuneration: $59,284 – $72,376 (plus 15.4% superannuation)
Temporary vacancy – approx. 8 months
1. Under limited direction, work as part of a small team providing high quality, client focussed financial and accounting services.
2. Preparing and processing purchase orders, particularly for IT, and including gazettal in accordance with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules requirements.
3. Reconcile and upload/post Diners statements relating to travel providers eg. airline, accommodation, hire car.
4. Assist with processing of accounts payable and receivable.
5. Assist with management and maintenance of the Asset module within TechnologyOne Financials.
6. Perform monthly/regular reconciliations including payroll to GL.
7. Assist with the preparation of a range of financial information and reports, including preparation of Annual Financial Statements, FBT, BAS etc.
1. Sound knowledge and understanding of accounts processing and procurement functions including knowledge of / or experience with legislation and policies associated with financial processing activities in a public sector environment or similar.
2. Good organisational skills including the ability to work within a team environment, prioritise and adapt to change, work to deadlines and display initiative.
3. Knowledge of and experience with computer-based financial management information system; in particular TechnologyOne Financials.
4. Good communication and negotiation skills, and the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff and clients.
5. Demonstrated commitment to providing a high-quality, client-focussed service to management, staff and external clients.
6. Good analytical, research and problem solving skills, including the capacity to undertake complex special projects under limited supervision.
Expressions of interest, including resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Tuesday 12th March 2013.
Ph: 03 9653 2258
Fax: 03 9653 2199
The next Finance One Melbourne User Group Meeting will be held at:
Walter + Eliza Hall Medical Institute
1G Royal Parade
Arrive at 10:00am for a 10:30am start, the meeting normally conclude in the early afternoon after lunch, which is very kindly being provided by Walter Eliza Hall Medical Institute.
Meeting Notes from the previous Melbourne User Group meeting are available here, and we’d like suggestions for agenda items for the next meeting. The best way to suggest agenda items is to reply to this Post on the www.t1financialscom.au user community website, otherwise you may email them to me.
We have recently began testing our system on the Technology One Cloud and I will be giving a demonstration of our system running on the cloud and our experiences to date.
We’d like to finalize the agenda, and the number of attendees (for catering purposes) by Friday 15th March, so could you please reply to this post advising of your attendance or email me.