magnify
Home Topic Enterprise Budgeting

Enterprise Budgeting

Home Forums Corporate Performance Management Enterprise Budgeting

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  connie 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Jamie Scott
    Keymaster

Enterprise Budgeting Topics go here

kathy
    Participant

Hi
    I am hoping this is the correct place to post my query.
    Just wondering if anyone has had success with the following in Enterprise Budgeting and is the problem my criteria formula or a limitation of the program.

I have a worksheet for employee budgets set up that for majority of accounts I want to lock down the natural account for salaries. However I have 3 projects (901005,901091,901117) that are an exception to the criteria where I would like to be able to free type in the budget entry screen. My criteria formula is as follows:

Natural account one of 60001,60006
    AND
    Project not one of 901005,901091,901117
    AND
    Project Sub-section = Department

However, Project Sub-section = Department is true for project numbers 901005,901091,901117.

Is there a better way to structure my formula so that the budget entry is not locked for projects 901005,901091,901117?

Thanks in advance

Kathy

Manny
    Participant

Hi Kathy,

Are you saying that even with that criteria those projects are protected against direct entry in a budget tab?

If so when you click on the (i) symbol on the relevant account line in your budget pack, what rules does it say are causing the row to be a “Protected Row”.

I am assuming the criteria you specified is under the Budget Worksheets Section > Worksheet Calculation Rule > Affected Accounts criteria rather than (or in addition to) the “Protection Rules” section of the budget model?

If the conditions are linked by an AND clause then it doesn’t matter that the three projects have a Project Sub-section of Department as for the result set to return a “True” value then ALL conditions must be true.

These projects would fail condition 2: Project not one of 901005,901091,901117 and therefore the AND clause will return FALSE.

An “OR” on the other hand will lock these rows.

Also do you budget at the full account number or do you do consolidated budgets (i.e in the columns section of the budget model do you have a column with Action = “Account Number” and is the radio button in this column set to “Expression”?

Regards,

Manny

connie
    Participant

Hi I am a newby to Tech 1 we have recently just gone live. Can anyone assist with a Budget spreading issue I have. We have spreading worksheet that spreads all our budget data. We now want to manually spread the budget is there a way I can do this ie deactivate the spread worksheet?

Manny
    Participant

Hi Connie,

Are you saying you have data feeding in from a budget worksheet or user worskheet that has some phasing mechanism on it and you want to override it?

If that is the case you will need to either:
    1) Inactivate the worksheet rules and protection rules so that the relevant ledger accounts will be available for data entry on a budget tab

2) Create a new budget model that has no budget or user worksheets (or protection rules) but that links to the same ledgers. You’ll also have to make sure that there is a spreading method column in your model.

Regards,

Manny

connie
    Participant

Hi Manny

Yes that is correct Option 1 described above does not appear to be an option. Once a worksheet has been activated in a budget model you cannot deactivate it. I have attached a snip and circled the issue.
    Option 2 will take a while a implement a new budget model is on the horizon for us as we learn more about what the system can do and how to avoid the traps for new players.

Thank you so much for the prompt response and help

Cheers

Connie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Manny
    Participant

Hi Connie,

Interested to know what that sheet is doing but I’m guess it is a phasing lookup sheet.

What I meant for you to do is not to inactivate the budget worksheet (activating a budget worksheet creates a table in the database, e.g. in your case you have a table called: F1BWK_SPREAD.)

The only way to “inactivate” a budget worksheet is to delete it (but that removes the structure and all the data) which is not what you want here. What I meant for you to do is to go into your budget model and inactivate any rules that lock an account from being able to be entered directly on a budget tab. (See attached word document).

Also the creation of a new model is as simple as clicking “Save As” under budget model maintenance and providing a new name or alternatively using the “New Budget Model Wizard” at the top left of the Budget Model Maintenance Screen.

Regards,

Manny

Attachments:

Manny
    Participant

Hi Connie,

Interested to know what that sheet is doing but I’m guess it is a phasing lookup sheet.

What I meant for you to do is not to inactivate the budget worksheet (activating a budget worksheet creates a table in the database, e.g. in your case you have a table called: F1BWK_SPREAD.)

The only way to “inactivate” a budget worksheet is to delete it (but that removes the structure and all the data) which is not what you want here. What I meant for you to do is to go into your budget model and inactivate any rules that lock an account from being able to be entered directly on a budget tab. (See attached word document).

Also the creation of a new model is as simple as clicking “Save As” under budget model maintenance and providing a new name or alternatively using the “New Budget Model Wizard” at the top left of the Budget Model Maintenance Screen.

Regards,

Manny

Attachments:

connie
    Participant

Thanks for all your help Manny. I am going to setup another budget ledger and manipulate reimport my annualised data and feed my reports from the new budget ledger. This isn’t a budget related question, but do you know how to increase the maximum no of records that can be retrieved from an EIE enquiry.

Cheers

Connie

Manny
    Participant

Hi Connie,

Click on the Preferences hyperlink above the tabs on your workplace.
    Then navigate to General User Preferences > General – $TBWIN and check what value you have against the Max rows for picklists/enquiries.

Try setting this higher and see if it retrieves more rows.

If it doesn’t then you have to go and check the role authorisations setting against the $ALLUSERS account (function $TB.SEC.USRATH.MNT) and also the User Authorisations against the specified user (function $TB.SEC.USRATH.MN).

See attached document for screenshots of what I’m talking about. I used to have a document explaining the steps required because if it doesn’t work you need to go and set higher maximums in other places.

Hopefully the above works for you but if not, just let us know.

Regards,

Manny

Attachments:

Manny
    Participant

Hi Connie,

Click on the Preferences hyperlink above the tabs on your workplace.
    Then navigate to General User Preferences > General – $TBWIN and check what value you have against the Max rows for picklists/enquiries.

Try setting this higher and see if it retrieves more rows.

If it doesn’t then you have to go and check the role authorisations setting against the $ALLUSERS account (function $TB.SEC.USRATH.MNT) and also the User Authorisations against the specified user (function $TB.SEC.USRATH.MN).

See attached document for screenshots of what I’m talking about. I used to have a document explaining the steps required because if it doesn’t work you need to go and set higher maximum in other places.

Hopefully the above works for you but if not, just let us know.

Regards,

Manny

Attachments:

connie
    Participant

Hi Manny sorry for the late response I have been so flat chat. Just wanted to say thank you for your help. My T1 knowledge bank is slowly building so I hope that I can give back some time soon. Thanks again!

Cheers

Connie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.