Melbourne Meeting Notes 26-Sep-13
October 3, 2013 at 9:07 am #706
Attached are the Meeting notes and Performance Benchmarking Survey from the Technology One Software Users Group meeting held last Thursday, it was a great meeting with informative content and discussion, and there’s been plenty of positive feedback.
October 3, 2013 at 9:55 pm #721
- This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Jamie Scott.
I was going to try and post my Presentation “What’s New in CPM” with added notes/explanations here but there is a 1 MB limit and the file is over 4.5 MB so I had to break it up into parts.
BI Excel Workbook Example
I have attached in the zip file an example BI portlet that uses the new Excel workbook integration. In order to get it to work on your site you will need go to BI Portlet maintenance and click Open from file and retrieve the BI portlet definition and then do the following:
1) Edit the GROUPING variable and specify a chart name and then click “click here” to modify and then drag in something you use to group by in the GL Chart – here it is department but you may have business unit, cost centre, direcorate, etc). Ensure that you bring in the code as a column and the description as another column. Then drag the code field into the blue bar on the left to consolidate by it. Right click on the blue section, then click Consolidate by description column > None. After you have done the above hit refresh. You should Only have 2 columns displayed (not 3)
2) After clicking ok, ensure the “value column” is the code column and the description column is the “description column” then click OK again
3) Change the system variables for BUD_LDG and ACT_LDG to ones that are used in your organisation to reflect the current actual and current budget ledger.
3) If you have an account type concept (a way of easily determining the type of accounting entity – asset, liability, revenue, expense, equity, suspense, etc) you will need to populate the variables REVENUE_ACCOUNT_TYPE, SALARIES_ACCOUNT_TYPE, EXPENSES_ACCOUNT_TYPE with the value for your organisation.
4) If you don’t have separate categories for salaries and non-salary expenditure just put the same number(s) for both
5) Go into the BALANCES query and specify your GL chart name then click the “click here” to modify link and check the criteria above the grid. You will need to change the top criteria on the LHS dropdown to be the grouping category you used in item 1) and the last criteria to be the “Account Type” grouping you use in your organisation.
6) In the grid you may need to change the consolidation by dragging a different item into the blue vertical bar – in the provided sample this pointed to a concept of “Account Group” used on our chart which sits between the account type and natural account as a grouping structure.
7) Still in the BALANCES query click on “Design Columns” go to the column named Account_Type and WITHOUT changing the name (you can change the title) go to the “Field” box and point it to your site’s “Account Type” equivalent. Click Ok, Refresh (to ensure the correct data is being retrieved) and then Ok again.
7) Save your BI Portlet.
8) Save the Excel file (Profit and Loss.xls) in your $IMPORT directory.
9) Preview the BI Portlet.
10) Click on the Download Workbook link in the top right hand corner if you want to see how the data was pushed out to the Excel template file.
I have also included a relatively basic ETL which goes through the files in your log directory and any file that is older than a month will be redirected into a new sub folder comprised of \YEAR\log_YEAR_MONTH. I have added comments to the ETL to try to explain what is happening at each step.
If you have any queries just reply to this post.
MannyOctober 3, 2013 at 9:55 pm #724
Parts 2 and 3 of the presentationOctober 3, 2013 at 9:56 pm #727
Parts 4 & 5 of the presentationOctober 3, 2013 at 9:56 pm #730
Part 6 of the presentation (last part).
By the way I did try to zip it but didn’t get enough compression to do this in one hit.October 21, 2013 at 8:28 am #737
Attached is Tim Finch’s Centralized Alerts pdf presentation summarizing the key enhancements to Centralized Alerts in V 11.09.04.011, namely
•Integrated with Roles & Profiles
•Threshold based notifications
Improved Alert Development
•Within the application
Improved Technical Architecture
Easier to create
Easier to find
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.