magnify
Home Topic Presented Date in Payment Transaction

Presented Date in Payment Transaction

Home Forums Financials Issues (Bugs) Presented Date in Payment Transaction

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Penny Hamlett 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hsung
    Participant

What triggers the update (or when is) the Presented date field populated against a payment transaction?

We have a problem where the cheque (see attached Screen shot.jpg) was never presented or reconciled against a bank statement.

A second question is it possible to trace who or what updated the Presented date field?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jamie Scott
    Keymaster

The Date Presented refers to the date the date the payment was presented on the bank statement. This value is populated when the bank reconciliation is finalized

hsung
    Participant

Yes, we know that’s what normally updates the date field, except in this case the cheque was neither presented nor included in the bank statement reconciliation process.

Jamie Scott
    Keymaster

Seems unusual for a cheque to not be included in the bank reconciliation process? Do you use bank reconciliation? What has TechnologyOne Support said about this? What is the value of the CASHBOOK_IND field in GLF_LDG_ACC_TRANS for this transaction? What other cheques have that presented date?

hsung
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

We use manual bank reconciliation and T1 has put the AR on hold, believing we didn’t update to Rel. 11.09.04.011 correctly … which we have recently determined is not the case.

I queried for other cheques with the same presented date and found 54, and all with a Cashbook_Ind of ‘N’ – see attached s/sheet. Fyi, we copy our AP ledgers every 4 years, moving last year’s transactions into period 0 b/c we don’t have the Archiving module.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

hsung
    Participant

Btw, we stopped using the Cash ledger in 2012, hence the Cashbook_Ind will always be ‘N’?

Jamie Scott
    Keymaster

The Cashbook Indicator refers to whether or not the transactions has been loaded into a bank reconciliation, (via the ledger book load function) which none of yours would be since you use manual reconciliation.
    Looking at your 54 transactions many of those with a presented ate of 12/11/2012 have a posting date later than that which logically impossible. If you’ve ruled out someone having a shocker with data entry, i.e. processing a manual reconciliation using that statement date and finalizing then it must have been erroneously updated by some kind of script. I’m afraid I don’t know how or if it’s possible to tell when or who did it though.

Penny Hamlett
    Participant

Harry, are you saying Chisholm has reverted to manual bank rec as when I was there we used statement load and auto cheque matching?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.