magnify
Home Topic Report Consolidation Selection Type

Report Consolidation Selection Type

Home Forums XLOne Report Consolidation Selection Type

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Manny 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jamie Scott
    Keymaster

A Reporting Consolidation Selection Type is a great way to provide report users with the ability to choose variable consolidation items when running a report. First you need a Selection Type (REPCONGL) then Selection Codes for each of the objects (Account Components, Selection Codes or User Fields you want the user to choose for consolidation.  This means at report run-time the user may choose to consolidate by any of the objects in the list, so they could, for example, run a Profit and Loss report that will list by a summarized Account Group or a more detailed Natural Account. (eg each Natural Account is linked to an Account Group selection code, such as Natural Account for Petrol linked to Account Group Motor Vehicle Expenses)

RepCon_SelectionType

In order for your Report Consolidation Selection Codes to work it’s vital that their Description is exactly the same as the account component, selection code or user-field. (no typos!)

Your XLOne Reports needs to include a Report Variable linked to your Reporting Consolidation Type

RepCon_SelectionType_Variable

The Variable Consolidate By defaults to the most commonly chosen option as pictured below

RepCon_SelectionType_Runtime

The User can click the Picklist alongside Consolidate by and choose a different option from the list

RepCon_SelectionType_Picklist

Your XLOne report List commands needs to utilize the variable value chosen by the user at run-time

RepCon_SelectionType_ListBy

Building variable Report Consolidation options into your reports in this way significantly increase management reporting options without having to maintain multiple separate reports.

Manny
    Participant

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for this!

I’ve looked at all our XLOne reports here and a lot of them need updating – e.g. they have many variables e.g for ledgers (but not lists) which could be replaced by one Repcal variable (the issue is here that most people just have their reports mailed to them so they won’t see any difference as most people don’t run the reports themselves).

The next thing I was going to do was see how many times we have a replicated report which is identical except for the consolidation item. I knew of a REPCON type concept but had never employed it so this is a good example that is easy to follow.

Now all I need to do is train my team on these tricks so I don’t have to be the one to go through all our XLOne reports and can focus my time on other developments.

Cheers,

Manny

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.