TechnologyOne Melbourne User Group Meeting Notes Thursday Dec 3rd
9:30 Jamie Scott (Salvation Army Finance Systems Manager)
Open Meeting Specific questions raised on LinkedIn User Group
Migration to Technology One cloud/SaaS
• Jamie believes migration to cloud is a compelling value proposition and disaster recovery benefits along with greater uptime and scalable infrastructure to handle peak loads will deliver a superior result.
o Karen from Kingston City Council commented that the financial benefits of migration to the T1 cloud were not apparent to her and sought additional detail. Jamie offered to talk offline regarding financial benefits
• Jamie reported that Salvation Army had over 60 interfaces to be converted to use cloud, and having external systems write directly to Batch Import Table is no longer available. These interfaces will be migrated to csv files
• Less reliance on internal Citrix infrastructure and licensing advantageous. Ease of updating non-production databases, installing and testing new modules, and ability to configure new software such as BI and CPM modules to help sell internally cited as additional benefits
• Salvos had developed many stored scripts to import bulk AP Invoice data from Excel spreadsheets and these will need to be converted to ETL and require purchasing the necessary ETL license
• No longer able to use Interactive SQL or ODBC connections directly to database, however Stored Scripts run from a function within TechnologyOne are fine, so you can edit a generic script linked to a functions in order to run
• Distributed Processor Jobs can be started and stopped only by TechnologyOne
• Attunity Repliweb software will be deployed to provide a method of transferring files from a network location. TechnologyOne will use Repliweb to copy the data into the location on an ongoing recurring basis to protect the secure environment
Budget User Management
• Salvation Army has more than 2,500 Cost Centre Budgets and has developed a Cost Centre Budget Users Chart to devolve Budget User Management to local levels. Recurring automated processes read Cost Centre Codes and descriptions from the primary Cost Centre component chart and Budget Statuses from Budget Packs and write these into the separate Cost Centre Budget User chart. Access to this chart is devolved to enable local management of Budget and Financial Dashboard users. Jamie developed a Crystal report to format this data for import directly into Budget Packs.
• Jamie demonstrated how Catholic Education Office uses a Business Intelligence Dashboard coupled with ETL processes to replicate Budget Pack Maintenance. Users are restricted to accessing their Entity only using user parameters. The Budget Administrator runs the ETL locally at over 500 entities providing local control over Budget Users and Budget Statuses.
10:00 Oliver Jarman (Technology One Product Customer Service Manager)
• Oliver thanked Jamie for his hard work.
• T1 update another period of growth. Eva Malones looking after financial services and government customers. T1 are expanding and may be able to host meetings in future.
• Evolve is happening on the 18th – 21st of October at the Brisbane conference centre.
• Target date for ci anywhere completion. 18th – 21st of October
• Ci Anywhere development: using early adopter learnings. Apps across end to end processes – April refresh – procure to pay – enterprise budgeting. Looking to build a demo for customers.
• Ci packages – T1 will continue to provide ci packages. T1 will be pushing enterprise App Store (eas) in the next months. Ci will still be supported by t1 indefinitely.
• Support community refresh: facility to ask questions and knowledge articles. Users can either collaborate or raise cases. Collaborative user login will have access to collaborate but not raise cases. Please call if the case is urgent. User guides and profiles. Great way to find similar organisations Q&A monitored and green tick is t1 Knowledge articles by t1 can be rated. Ideas and themes: you can log ideas. Chatter: news views and topics. Current group’s financials, supply chain, com and enterprise cash receipting.
• Comment from user group it was not easy to find out how to ask for a new user – Oliver to take back to T1
10:15 Tim Finch (Technology One PreSales Consultant)
Smart publisher streamline the feedback and reporting cycle.
Finalise … Manager receives emails… Manager reviews commentary… Exec receives emails… Central view approved and finalised
Demo smart publisher Ci anywhere…
• All published reports to user. Notes who has read and not read.
• Reports under development.
• Feedback of reports and racks approved in progress and not reviewed.
• General comments, fully configurable comments and tracking
• Uses bi portlets… Define business rules for variances
• Audit trail… Adhoc comments
• Publishes into reports
• Review and commentary in the system. Less time spent on report building, more time spent in their actual job productivity gains for you organisation.
• Required modules: Bi, publisher, xlone, performance planning. Package available configuration estimates are available.
10:45 Emmanuel Lygris (Finance Systems Manager Swinburne University of Technology)
Presentation of the Technology One Cash Flow and Balance Sheet Enterprise Budgeting Model
• Balance sheet and cash flow budgeting. Claire Wetherill. Budget models / worksheet types / chart / etl / xlone reports / implementation guides…B/s largely driven by p&l. Cash flow reporting requires more detail than natural account.
• Set-up one day by consultant or can be setup in a couple of days/week using manual
• Excellent training notes provided.
• See T1 sales to request – no charge to clients.
11:15 Jared Evans (Technology One Financials Product Owner)
Ci Anywhere Financials Review and Delivery Schedule
Data Entry with Invoice Matching, AR Invoice Entry and other developments
The key features in the Ledgers App that have been delivered so far include:
– Saved views in ledger enquiries
– A centralised enquiry view of the interaction with a customer/supplier (e.g. commitments, period balances) in the one enquiry
– Natural view of transactions (customisable) providing an approver and casual user’s view of a transaction
– New My Reqs, Order Amendment and Goods Receipting experience with the devolved user in mind
– Order versioning for amendments makes it easier for a user to see how an order has been changed over time
– Goods receipt can be product or order driven
Data Entry (release of the Ci Anywhere App 1511)
– Release to Development Partners only at this stage, general release planned for early 2016
– AP, AR and GL data entry, through a new document-driven enquiry.
– Introduction of a new transmission architecture to track the documents that have been sent out (e.g. POs to suppliers, AR invoices to customers)
– New Ci Anywhere workflow definitions have been implemented for My Reqs, Order Amendments, Goods Receipts and Data Entry). This is due to the new Purchasing App being based off all new schema and enhanced processes.
– Email-driven approval of workflow items using T1 Connect, providing managers with the ability to approve without logging into T1. Includes a natural view of the document for approval.
– Support for manual invoice matching to CiA POs (scanwatcher support)
In Development for delivery early 2016
– AP Payment processing, to include worksheet processing, workflow approval and transactional criteria on the selection
– Chart Account Maintenance in CiA, with approvals as a second phase
– Rapid Data Entry (quick text, quick keys)
– Auto invoice matching to CiA POs (Stage 1)
– Data Entry Profiles
• Ci anywhere: procure to pay nested criteria now available. Saved view Dynamic picklists. Scanned document view when entering creditor invoice. Pulls the purchase order into view
• Authorisation codes are redundant in Ci anywhere.
• Prepayment schedule supported.
• Workflow items are now called “tasks”
12:30 Meeting Closed / Lunch: Technology One provided lunch at the Catherine Booth college allowing delegates to mingle and share knowledge and information.