We have a temporary vacancy requiring Tech One experience and are seeking to identify any interested parties.
The Productivity Commission is the Australian Government’s independent research and advisory body on a range of economic, social and environmental issues affecting the welfare of Australians. Its role, expressed simply, is to help governments make better policies in the long term interest of the Australian community.
Finance/Purchasing Officer, Melbourne
Staff Level 1 (APS Level 4) Remuneration: $59,284 – $72,376 (plus 15.4% superannuation)
Temporary vacancy – approx. 8 months
1. Under limited direction, work as part of a small team providing high quality, client focussed financial and accounting services.
2. Preparing and processing purchase orders, particularly for IT, and including gazettal in accordance with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules requirements.
3. Reconcile and upload/post Diners statements relating to travel providers eg. airline, accommodation, hire car.
4. Assist with processing of accounts payable and receivable.
5. Assist with management and maintenance of the Asset module within TechnologyOne Financials.
6. Perform monthly/regular reconciliations including payroll to GL.
7. Assist with the preparation of a range of financial information and reports, including preparation of Annual Financial Statements, FBT, BAS etc.
1. Sound knowledge and understanding of accounts processing and procurement functions including knowledge of / or experience with legislation and policies associated with financial processing activities in a public sector environment or similar.
2. Good organisational skills including the ability to work within a team environment, prioritise and adapt to change, work to deadlines and display initiative.
3. Knowledge of and experience with computer-based financial management information system; in particular TechnologyOne Financials.
4. Good communication and negotiation skills, and the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff and clients.
5. Demonstrated commitment to providing a high-quality, client-focussed service to management, staff and external clients.
6. Good analytical, research and problem solving skills, including the capacity to undertake complex special projects under limited supervision.
Expressions of interest, including resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Tuesday 12th March 2013.
Ph: 03 9653 2258
Fax: 03 9653 2199